Wednesday, October 28, 2015

We Rocked it Out August

HIIII LOVES!!

*scream!!**
The year is almost over!!
**iphone emoji shocked face!**
Lol! Question 1.) why do I always like to scream? 2.) you guys can tell I have an iphone and I use my emoji's quite often right?
Lol!!
Okay! Right to it! How was your August?? Yes, We're still on the Best Possible Me Monthly Check-in and I really hope you all are enjoying your Year so far ! Seriously it is my hope and joy that Month by Month you experience amazing things, people, places, food... just Amazingness all around ! #BPM Yasssss!
So, July was crazy awesome right? Click here and read all about it if you haven't! But guys, seriously, going into the month, I was nervous... like What if...? Trust me I know you all think that too.  What if this month doesnt work out? What if work is harder than I thought? What if  I am not financially secure? Just what if!??  But thank God I remember that duhh, I serve a God that tells me time and time again not worry about anything but to pray over everything.
           "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"    Philippians 4:6
Keeping this verse and others too in my mind, I declared over August that it would be a month of PEACE and JOY! and boyyyy was it!!   So here were my goals, and hey now ! I accomplished 100% of them ! Whooo!!!!!!
Personal Goals
  • Go somewhere new - I went to an amazing movie theater with friends and the experience was wonderful!  It was like I was in bed. with my blanky. and a button to push for unlimited popcorn. Myyyy my my.  How come I never knew about this before?  two thumbs up !!!
    what an experience. Fun!
    blurry but what an experience. Fun!
  • Do something new - Paint Night - Check out my skills tho! This is on sale for $499.99. Let me know if you're interested. LOL!!  okay im half kidding.
    image3
    Lil' Picassos. Mi amours !
  • Meet someone new- heyyy new friends at work !  A genuine smile and "how are you" goes a long way
For Others
  • Help someone new – While I could not physically participate in the Homeless Initiative, my amazing roomie held down the fort and created over 100 goodie bags for the homeless!!  It was awesome!!! I also kept snacks in my car for anyone I saw with a sign who maybe needed some food.  This works if you do not feel comfortable giving money but check with your local authorities because sadly, some states are making it illegal to feed the homeless.  *sad face*.
- I also helped my co-workers !
giving
Giving is so much fun. You end up being SO blessed as well as blessing someone
  • Support my friends - A friend and an awesome brother to me had a comedy performance in Jersey and I as well as my friends supported him. It was a hilarious night to say the least.  I also had a ball attending a beautiful friend's bridal shower. The countdown is on, Abby!!
    This guy is a star !
    This guy is a star !
So happy for the Bride-to-be! Nigerian Weddings are always a blast !
So happy for the Bride-to-be! Nigerian Weddings are always a blast !
For Family
  • Go above and beyond – If I saw a need, I stepped up.  Whether it was getting groceries for an aunt, surprising my sisters with lunch, listening to a friend in need, staying past clock-out time at work, I kept praying for opportunities to do more ! and God did not disappoint.
  • Family time - Family time is everything to me and I loved my breakfast/lunch dates with my sisters!  plus I took my cutie siblings, JJ and Armani to the movies and they loved it!
  • sibling love
    My hearts.
Whoo!!! I feel so accomplished and I truly enjoyed my August! It was fantastic !! Memories ontop of memories. I am so grateful for this life God has given me, truly. Now your goals might have been just one simple thing or it could have been a long laundry list. Whatever the case might be, I encourage you to get out there and really ENJOY life !  Setting goals does not have to be stressful and you can start out light.
There are so many places in your city to be explored, people to meet, quests to conquer, and FUN to be had.... and it's alllll waiting on you.
So.....
You Ready?
Hey now, that's the spirit.
I'll see you later for BPM September Edition.
In the mean time,
Peace fingers,
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment